TOUR de BUCKEYE LAKE CYCLING EVENT
SATURDAY, AUGUST 21-23, 2020
Buckeye Lake has been closely monitoring the state’s safety recommendations related to COVID-19, and we feel the right thing to do is take a different approach to Tour de Buckeye Lake this year. We are still having it, but it is going to look different to help protect the health and safety of our riders, and our volunteers.
Instead of having a large one-day event Tour de Buckeye Lake will be extended over a three-day period. You can ride whenever you want, as many times as you want!
- Registration will only be online this year. There will be no in-person registration or packet pickup.
- There is no registration fee this year, the ride is completely free. You will have the option to donate to our Mission of trail development around Buckeye Lake if you wish, but it is optional, as Tour de Buckeye Lake is our main annual fundraiser.
Maps for the following three routes will be emailed to registrants, and posted on our website the week of the ride:
- 45-mile – Includes four miles lakeside, and goes through beautiful Dawes Arboretum
- 26-mile – Includes four miles lakeside
- 8-mile – All lakeside, surrounded by food and drink establishments
Important Changes – Please Read
- Past events we provided water stops and food, and included a post-cycling party for riders to enjoy and socialize. We will not be able to provide any of those things this year.
- No SAG support is being provided, no police at busy intersections, no road markings, and no pontoon water taxis this year. We are only providing routes for you to enjoy, please be mindful of that.
Riders will be welcomed by business partners of Bike Buckeye Lake, the many great dining and drink establishments around the lake. Look for the Tour de Buckeye Lake yard sign!
There will be two photo-op locations, which will be announced closer to the event. We would love to see your photos! Post your photos to social media with
#TourDeBuckeyeLake, or you can email them to email@example.com.
Safety Reminders & Recommendations
- Please wear your helmet.
- For your safety and the safety of others, do not wear earbuds or headphones while riding.
- All riders are required to obey all traffic laws. Traffic will not be detoured, stopped, or slowed for this event.
- Be sure to respect social distancing.
On behalf of Bike Buckeye Lake and our community, we thank you for your continuing support. We hope that you will join us for this unique event. Be assured that everyone’s health and safety is our top priority. We look forward to Tour de Buckeye Lake 2021 breaking another record!
DONATE: All donations and proceeds of Bike Buckeye Lake go toward the measures required for trail development, such as grant applications, land leases and acquisition, engineers and consultants, safety and maintenance, publicity, and garnering support.
Make checks payable to: Bike Buckeye Lake, PO Box 523, Buckeye Lake, Ohio 43008