Tour de Buckeye Lake is back and bigger than ever! Saturday, August 21, 2021
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor:
Tour de Buckeye Lake is a cycling event for any skill level, focused on displaying the beauty of the Buckeye Lake region.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- For the 2021 Tour de Buckeye Lake Event Schedule click HERE
REGISTRATION 7 am – 11 am
- Kids age 12 and under: ride for only $10
- Cost: $40 per rider
- Cost day-of event: $45 per rider
- Registration: 7 am – 11am Saturday, August 21.
- After you register, you can begin your ride. There is no shotgun start.
- 11-mile – Lakeside; perfect for kids and leisure riders
- Too far? Take the Express Water Taxi to shorten route to 7.2 miles
- 28-mile – Lakeside, rolling country hills circumventing Buckeye Lake
- Metric Century – All the above plus beautiful Dawes Arboretum
- Too far? Peel-off point reduces route to approx. 41.3 miles
- Download RideWithGPS Route Maps HERE
- Instructions on how to download RideWithGPS maps HERE
- If you don’t already have a RideWithGPS account you will need to create one
- Creating a RideWithGPS account will be free courtesy of Bike Buckeye Lake
- When using RideWithGPS, find the correct route in the Bike Buckeye Lake Collection and Pin it
- MapMyRide – If you use MapMyRide, you must use the web MapMyRide app at www.mapmyride.com on your PC or phone to “Bookmark” the Tour de Buckeye Lake route you need in order to access it in your MapMyRide app on your phone. On your phone, open the Map My Ride application and an open the bookmarked route
- Turn-by-Turn Directions:
- Free water taxis are available to registered riders who would like to trim mileage from their route, or simply enjoy a boat trip around the lake!
- They will pick up every 20-30 minutes
- The Express water taxi will go from the North Ramp back to Leibs Island. All children will be required to wear a life jacket. Life jackets will be provided.
- General Route will pick up at the following locations in this order: North Ramp to Papa Boo’s to Fairfield Beach to Leibs Island. Jump on/off at any of those locations
- For water taxi routes and schedule click HERE
- PERFORMING LIVE 10:30 am-2:30 pm – Big Bad Stache!
- BBQ available from The Port Smokehouse
- Sexton’s Pizza
- Java Jane’s Fire & Ice – Fresh Made Donuts & Coffee
- Weldon’s Olde Fashion Ice Cream Parlor
- Beer garden with craft brews by Buckeye Lake Brewery and Combustion Brewery & Taproom
- Location: Millersport Lions Club
- Well-marked routes
- Rest stops with food and water
- SAG support
- Police at busy intersections
- Riders will be welcomed by business supporters of Bike Buckeye Lake at the many great dining and drink establishments around the lake. Look for the “Welcome Cyclists Tour de Buckeye Lake” yard signs!
- We would LOVE to see photos of your ride experience! Post photos to our Facebook event page of you preparing for the ride and your ride the day of the event.
SAFETY REMINDERS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Children MUST wear a helmet
- Adults, helmet very strongly suggested
- Wearing earbuds or headphones while riding not recommended
- All riders are required to obey all traffic laws
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Download FAQ Sheet HERE
THANK YOU – On behalf of Bike Buckeye Lake and our community, we thank you for your continued support. Proceeds of Tour de Buckeye Lake go toward our Mission of continuing the development of the multiuse trail around Buckeye Lake. Enjoy your ride!
DONATE: All donations and proceeds of Bike Buckeye Lake go toward the measures required for trail development, such as grant applications, land leases and acquisition, engineers and consultants, safety and maintenance, publicity, and garnering support.
Make checks payable to: Bike Buckeye Lake, PO Box 523, Buckeye Lake, Ohio 43008