Save the Date!
August 19, 2023
Millersport Lion’s Park
2900 Chautauqua Boulevard
Millersport, OH 43046
A Family-Friendly Cycling Event
Routes around the lake for all skill levels. Post-ride festivities. Post-ride cycling Expo. All profits go to improving biking and hiking safety. Purchase raffle tickets for a Cruiser Bike donated by REI, Easton and other assorted prizes.
- 3 route options: 11 mile, 28 mile, 63 mile
- Beer garden with local craft brews under a huge tent
- Complementary premium post-ride beverage
- Live entertainment: Big Bad Stache
- Route Support: Law Enforcement at key intersections, multiple support and gear (SAG) vehicles provided by local bike shops to help with minor repairs and shuttling stranded riders back to the Festival grounds
- Multiple rest stops
NEW for 2023
- More extensive snack selections at all rest stops
- More food choices for sale at the post-ride festival. In addition to the traditional Port Restaurant BBQ and salads we will have (cash or credit card):
- Donatos Pizza (cheese & pepperoni) slices and whole pizzas for sale in the Beer Garden (pre-sale tickets available)
- Java Jane’s coffee and assorted danish for sale during registration
- Food truck from Margaritas of Buckeye Lake featuring Mexican cuisine
- Weldon’s old fashioned ice cream, a Buckeye Lake institution for over 100 years, will be for sale post ride.
Don’t miss this event!
- Routes around the lake for all skill levels.
- Post-ride festivities.
- Post-ride cycling Expo.
- All profits go to improving biking and hiking safety.
- Purchase raffle tickets for a Cruiser Bike donated by REI, Easton and other assorted prizes.
- Register before July 10th and get a free BELLA-CANVAS soft 100% cotton T-shirt
Enjoy one of our curated routes; explore our beautiful lake and the surrounding countryside.
- 63 mile: Ride around the lake via the path along the dam, scenic neighborhoods and farm roads with plenty of opportunities to explore restaurants and retail businesses along the way and take an extended adventure up to the Dawes Arboretum to explore all the botanic beauty the Arboretum has to offer. There will be a well-marked cutoff that will shorten the ride if you want to make a mid-course correction.
- 28 mile: Ride around the lake via the path along the dam, scenic neighborhoods and farm roads with plenty of opportunities to explore restaurants and retail businesses along the way.
- 11 mile: Pedal along the lakefront via the path along the dam. Perfect for families.
Routes for 2023 have NOT been finalized. They are finalized the week before the Tour based on construction projects and road conditions, but the routes should be representative of the final 2023 routes.
On Site Registration And Start Times
We have staggered the start times to minimize registration lines and get most riders back to the festival at around the same time to enjoy the festival together.
- 63 mile – 7:30am-8:30am (tentative)
- 28 mile – 8:30am-10am (tentative)
- 11 mile – 10am-11am (tentative)
- Multiple rest stops stocked with water and snacks
- Vehicle support service on route
- Routes will be marked for easy navigation and will be available via the Strava app and Ride with GPS
- Police officers will be stationed at busy intersections
- Four local bike shops will be providing SAG support. SAG stands for “support and gear.” SAG’s role is to keep everyone safe, provide tools and bike support, and help shepherd the ride. The SAG support number will be printed on your Tour silicone bracelets.
- Fuel up at the hydration and snack tent
- Listen to the DJ while you meet up with your fellow riders
- Java Jane’s Fire & Ice food truck will be selling hot coffee and pastries
- Enjoy your included first premium drink (craft brew or non-alcoholic alternative) while listening to Big Bad Stache.
- Purchase raffle tickets for an E-assist Bike donated by REI, Easton and other assorted prizes. Each registered rider receives one ticket; additional tickets will be available for sale on the day of the event.
- Check out the Cycling Expo put on by local bike shops
- Food vendors (additional charge): The Port Smokehouse, Donatos – Buckeye Lake, Margaritas of Buckeye Lake Food Truck, Java Janes & Weldons Old Fashioned Ice Cream
About Bike Buckeye Lake
Proceeds of Tour de Buckeye Lake go toward the Bike Buckeye Lake 501c(3) organizational efforts to develop a multi-use trail around Buckeye Lake.